HELLO, I’M PAUL FORMICA — honored to be your State Senator serving as the voice of the 20th District in Hartford.
You may know me by my other titles — owner of Flanders Fish Market and proud father of four.
It was as a father, that I worked to support families, earning the title of "Children's Champion" by the CT Early Childhood Alliance.
As a long-standing municipal leader, I fought against regulations and increased costs for individuals, businesses, and municipalities.
With an entrepreneurial spirit, I chaired our Appropriations Committee and, for two years, worked across the aisle, helping to produce TWO BUDGETS, WITHOUT SADDLING TAXPAYERS WITH MORE BURDENS — something previously unheard of in our State.
Common sense, collaboration and a focus on the issues - not the politics - impacting the citizens of Connecticut are essential to move the state forward.
WITH YOUR SUPPORT, I WILL CONTINUE TO HELP CHANGE HOW WE DO BUSINESS IN HARTFORD. THANK YOU! — PF
PAUL FORMICA HAS SUPPORTED:
• Legislation to INCREASE RENEWABLE & EFFICIENT ENERGY SOURCES (solar/wind), while securing jobs at Millstone, maintaining our base load supply, and implementing ratepayer protections.
• TWO BIPARTISAN BUDGETS that protected our most vulnerable, eliminated the tax on social security to make it easier for seniors to remain in CT, ensured core functions of government, while maintaining a spending/bonding cap with NO tax increases.
• ACCESS TO PRENATAL CARE, making pregnancy a qualifying life event, so that expectant mothers could enroll in healthcare. • Legislation to HELP FOSTER CARE YOUTH by requiring early notification during transition between foster homes.
• Legislation to KEEP CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES SAFE by requiring new safety procedures.
• Special legislation to better serve those with INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES, MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES & THE ELDERLY through programs to test new service models.
• A constitutional amendment to PROTECT OPEN SPACE.
PAUL LISTENED TO HIS CONSTITUENTS AND AFFECTED REAL CHANGE; from regional economic development with the Tourism Caucus to issues that matter most at home — safety, health and families.
HE IS A COMMITTED, ACCESSIBLE COMMUNITY LEGISLATOR and with your support, will continue to be our voice in Hartford